Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Slow Down

The speed at which 2012 seemed to pass was acceptable to me. Jason and I got engaged in December of 2011 and had a 10 month engagement. Add in the children and we had a busy year. Throughout it all, I kept saying, "let's just get past the wedding." Re-enrolling the kids in taekwondo? After the wedding. Christmas shopping? After the wedding. Home repairs? After the wedding.

Well the wedding came and went, oh about 3.5 months ago. We spent the month following it with thanksgiving, our honeymoon in Italy, Halloween and celebrating Jamie's birthday. Before we knew it, Christmas was around the corner and I was definitely overwhelmed. Winter is Jason's busy time at work and he could literally work 18 hour days, 7 days a week, if he wanted. Which he did, sometimes.

But the madness of 2012 is over. We're almost a solid month into 2013 and things should be slowing down. But they're not.

My business (that I thought about starting last spring) was finally put in motion earlier this month. I've jumped through a lot of hoops in the last 8 months to get to this point, but we're finally here and Im so excited. I get to spend my days alternating between the computer (where the majority of my work takes place, for now), entertaining Owen, running errands and cleaning. Don't get me wrong, this is exactly what I wanted. I just sometimes wish there were a few more hours in the day to get it all done!

For those interested, here's the link to my new business website: www.cherished-moments.ca It's still under construction so the links don't actually go anywhere, but the web designer is working on it so hopefully soon!

No comments: