Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Struggle

So a few minutes ago, while contemplating dinner and simultaneously looking at my higher than expected bank balance, I wanted to cave and order a pizza. It lasted only seconds before I caught myself and realised what that would mean to our new budget. Instead there's a chicken roasting in the oven and we're getting through another day without spending.

$11 000 would mean a lot of pizza, but combined with other things I hope to reduce in our budget, it shouldn't take long to get to that number. If I ordered pizza once each week for the year and only ordered one of the store's deals, I'd be looking at somewhere in the $15-1600 range. For Pizza! What a simple way to reach 1/7 of my goal! (not that I do order Pizza once a week...ahem).

No comments: