Friday, August 29, 2008

A whole lotta nuttin

I don't really have much to say today. I didn't write yesterday because I couldn't make up my mind about what post I felt like writing. I mean I have lots of ideas floating around in my head but nothing that I have worked out enough to actually do a full post on. It is also raining and Im feeling quite blah.





So instead a collection of thoughts:





Im getting a car next week. It is quite old and not so reliable but it is a car all the same and I can fit all four kids in it. The same brother that took over my lease on my last car is the one that I am buying this one off of. He has decided that he no longer needs the two cars and so this works pretty well. At least I will be able to drive Rayden to school next week since we are staying in a different city than his school.





I spoke with a woman at the government housing office today who informed me that she really doubts that anything will be coming available in the next month. Things could change at a moments notice but



Those last few thoughts were written Friday afternoon and it is now almost midnight on Saturday. Someone started crying and I had to abandon my computer mid-sentence until now. So anyway...!



I've just finished reading a book called The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho. It provoked so many thoughts and feelings in me that I want to explore but I don't know where to begin.



Chris is on his first sleepover tonight at my brothers' house and I feel weird about it. Rayden first stayed over at my parents' house with his cousin when he was 4 so this isn't much different. Rayden was my first though and it felt like such a big deal whereas this was just thrown together last minute and Im not sure Im ready for it. He called to say goodnight and I didn't want to hang up the phone!



I drank some Pepsi earlier and Josiah WILL NOT SLEEP! He is currently laying on my lap smiling up at me when he should be sleeping in his swing beside me, like he does every night.



Rayden starts school on Wednesday and again it feels weird. Im sure most of my uneasiness comes from us being displaced for the entire summer and still having no end in sight. But I just don't know what to do with everything. Usually this time of year I would be making the most of it and trying to fit in a few last fun things to do before school. Instead we are just laying around the house not doing anything. Part of it is because Josiah is here and I am significantly less mobile. As well, I do not have the car yet so going anywhere is difficult.



Ive been terribly restless this summer and it is obviously quite understandable. Despite the housing problems I also finished a degree in May. Previous to that I had been in school for six straight years, without taking even a summer off. So now I am struggling to find things to do with my time and to occupy my mind. All of my books are with the rest of our stuff in storage and so I was going mad, spending way too much time aimlessly wandering the net. That is how I came to read the book I mentioned. My mother offered it to me after I complained of going insane with boredom. Turns out it was something that I really needed at the moment because it spoke to so many issues that I am having on so many levels. Like I said above, I have to sort out my thoughts on it all so I wont comment on what I mean just yet.



I hate my hair. I've never hated what this lady has done before, but I hate this one! It is too long to do anything funky and too short to do anything nice. She said it would still be long enough to put up in a pony tail but no, there is just no way. It is really disappointing because I will be getting our family pictures done for Christmas in early October and there is no way it will grow out enough by then.



I have this feeling like I need to do something so I have been searching the net for various ideas. I have pretty much stole everything that I came up with from other bloggers, so if you recognize something, I didn't really mean to steal it or anything! The idea of NaNoWriMo intrigued me and it is a challenge that I would like to take part in. I think I will do it this year because really when will I have the whole month of November off again? Also from Swistle, I have started postcrossing. I haven't received any yet, but I have sent three so we'll see. Alice is doing the WWC challenge and it seems like fun but Im thinking I probably wont bother.



This is a pretty stupid list of nothingness really, just random thoughts. So I will end with a wonderful picture of my guys:

2 comments:

Astarte said...

Having a car is going to make things so much better for you!!!! Just being able to get out of the house when you want/need to will make everything seem better.

I'm sorry to hear about the housing situation not making any progress. :(

I like your hair, but if you hate it, get it cut again! I think you'd look cute with it really short in the back and longer in the front.

Swistle said...

Oooh, yes, really short in back and then longer in front--so you can tuck it behind your ears to get it out of the way, or let it hang down if you're all stylin', or pull the long part back in a little ponytail or barrette if you need it MORE out of the way.

I need my hair cut so badly, I'm starting to consider going at it myself.